- 1. How long have you been in business?
We were established in 1979, and are financially stable and well respected within the industry.
- 2. Do you actually pay Practical Miles?
Yes, we pay using PC Miler, Practical.
- 3. Where does B J Transport run?
48 states, but heaviest into the midwest, the east coast, and southeast.
- 4. What kind of freight do you haul?
Mainly palletized paper, plastic, printed matter, and some machinery.
- 5. How many miles per week can I expect?
That is really up to you. However, most owner operators average between 2,500-3,000 miles per week.
- 6. How big is your company?
We run about 50 owner operators and produce about $12 million in revenue per year.
- 7. One thousand dollars security deposit is an awful lot of money. How do you justify that?
Our insurance deductible for cargo and accident claims is $1000 each, but even more importantly, by offering same day settlements we are never holding any of your money. In most cases, companies that do not require escrows are typically holding settlements in case of any problems.
- 8. Can I have riders?
Yes, but it must be pre-approved and riders need to be 10 years or older.
Frequently Asked Questions
We know you've problably got some questions about how this thing works. We hope to answer most of them in this section.